Used Gasser Warranty

b mauro

TVWBB Member
Guys - I'm really stepping up my CL searching, but one question I can find is - are used Weber's still covered under their warranty?

Reading the manual it seems no - but from reading posts about other peoples CL finds and it seems that they are......

Is it just if the used weber has not been previously registered?

Weber has room to negotiate on some stuff. I've called before about issues NOT covered under warrenty (because it was my own fault) and they still offered me the parts at cost.

Now in that case the grill itself was still under warrenty...just not the damage I had done so that might be different, but still...Like Phil said it can't hurt to call and ask nicely.

i have yet to have weber ask for proof of purchase. they only ask for the model/serial# and they can determine if the part is under warranty that way. my boss gave me my silver c and i sent a picture of the rusted out crossover tube and they sent me one no questions asked because the serial number showed that it was under the 10 year warranty for burners. my green OTG had a spot on the lid that started chipping and they sent out a brand new green lid without me emailing a picture.Weber has the best costumer service of any company i have dealt with.

The warranty is from DOM (date of Manufacture) this can be determined by Weber from the model/serial number. Their warranty is explained in the literature. Having said all that can I suggest that you treat them with fairness and honesty and you will receive like treatment. They want to retain your loyalty for the rest of your life but if you try to stiff them then you are not the type of customer that anyone wants.
The first step is to call them and explain the problem and ask the questions.

Cheers

Thanks guys - while I completely agree that Weber's customer survice one of the best I have ever dealt with, I was just wondering how they deal with a grill that has already been registered to a previous owner....since they usually confirm the address on file once you give them the serial number.

Guess I can always call and ask like suggested.

Thanks guys.

Back