Upgrading a Silver Kettle to Gold

Great post. Maybe you can also post this in the Weber Charcoal Grill forum.

I just ordered the same parts for my older Performer--slightly different part numbers. The Customer service guy told me that I don't need to order the Ash catcher handle. He said it comes with the Ash catcher bowl--60801. I hope he's not wrong.

Actually Jeff, I was thinking that if I and a couple of other guys like you and Eric say it works and is good (I need you guys so Chris A will know I'm not just blowing smoke rings
icon_wink.gif
) maybe he'll put it in the OPERATING TIPS & MODS section

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rich langer:
Actually Jeff, I was thinking that if I and a couple of other guys like you and Eric say it works and is good (I need you guys so Chris A will know I'm not just blowing smoke rings
icon_wink.gif
) maybe he'll put it in the OPERATING TIPS & MODS section </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I can't give a testimonial yet, but I did just place my order for the ash catcher parts as listed by Rich (plus damper handles and lids + charcoal grates for the lump mod for the WSM and my OTS + SS flavorizer bars & cooking grates for my Genesis gasser + SS hinged grate for the OTS + ....). Hey, when you see free shipping and live in AK you take advantage of it.
icon_cool.gif

EDIT: Parts arrived but I won't be able to assemble for the next week or two. I'll try to remember to take photos of the upgrade process to post. Also ordered the SS hinged grate.

Back