UK Charcoal availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Sharpe

Hi Guys -
New poster here - and another UK member (I'll bore you with my journey to Q some other time...)

Right now, I'm looking forward to receiving a WSM for Christmas, and my thoughts are turning toward supplies. Another time, I'm sure I'd be asking about the best charcoal available in the UK; however the local garden centers that have been keeping me supplied for my kettle throughout the summer are out of stock. So now I'm asking for advice on any available charcoal in the UK. Any ideas on where I can pick some up?

And of course if anyone has any comments regarding availability of wood chunks or smoke pellets in the London/Reading area, that would be most appreciated too!

cheers
Sharpey

Bad news I'm afraid.
I missed out on stocking up on charcoal in Autumn, and now I can't find any. Occasionally you can find a garage with some, but at a price!
I get Weber brand hickory or mesquite wood chunks from a local independant garden centre (in summer) and I get oak from a relative who is a forrester. I even got some walnut chunks, which I believe are off cuts from the Rolls Royce factory.
I have a few friends at work who have fruit trees, and they know to let me know when they have been pruning.

Sorry about the charcoal news, expecting a WSM, but with no charcoal in sight must be awfull.

Rgds
Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back