Two New(to me) Go Anywhere Grills

One charcoal (DU) and one gas. Flea market in NJ. $10 for both. Ordering one new grate to use between the two. Eventually, I will be tailgating again.
I love mine. As a bonus you can use the gas deflector to cook indirect on the charcoal. Great score! Make sure to watch this video.

I have a stubby thermometer that I have planned on putting in either the middle or side of the top cover. I got lazy and have been using a meat thermometer through the vent in the top

Nice score Joe. Congratulations!

I know Weber made GA’s in a few colors, but I mainly see black ones in posts. What other colors did they make and is anyone here fortunate enough to have a non-black one?

Just been kind of lurking. My weber insanity has been tamed by time and other interests. I got way behind in must does and my new hobby of machining on a lathe. I let things get away from me and have just been using up insane amounts of time trying to get back to so called normal. I let my grilling area become my dumping grounds and now I'm going to pay for that. One of these days I will be able to make rotisserie rod bushings to fit differing sized holes. I know its blasphemy but I have grilled very little and only on my q. Will try and be more active but understand I have some heavy time coming up trying to reorganize my little work shop.

Just been kind of lurking. My weber insanity has been tamed by time and other interests. I got way behind in must does and my new hobby of machining on a lathe. I let things get away from me and have just been using up insane amounts of time trying to get back to so called normal. I let my grilling area become my dumping grounds and now I'm going to pay for that. One of these days I will be able to make rotisserie rod bushings to fit differing sized holes. I know its blasphemy but I have grilled very little and only on my q. Will try and be more active but understand I have some heavy time coming up trying to reorganize my little work shop.
Glad to hear all is well George. You were my inspiration to get an CGA and eventually GGA and I enjoy both. I haven’t touched a metal lathe since high school but I can understand the fascination. Happy you are enjoying it.

Thanks richard. I have been obsessing about making a riser. But only made in germany or australia or nz. Looking for a small fabricator locally. But the material and labor may be just as costly as ordering one. Still working on it so have no real results yet.

Attachments

• 18_DSC03007.jpg
    18_DSC03007.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 0
George, I get all my SS at the scrap metal dealer for cheap. Leftover pieces from the fabrication shops or sometimes old countertops and bins from restaurant renovations. They let me wander in and pick what I want, weigh it and pay by the lb.

George, I get all my SS at the scrap metal dealer for cheap. Leftover pieces from the fabrication shops or sometimes old countertops and bins from restaurant renovations. They let me wander in and pick what I want, weigh it and pay by the lb.
Yea, no such options for me. You are dang lucky !

Back