Twitter

D Casten

TVWBB Member
Just recieved my second stoker. It has version 2.6.0.200 loaded on it.

Does anyone have the twitter option working?

Mine is not but I dont know if its the stoker or my computer/web access.

If I go to the stokers twitter page. There is a "custom update" box. If I try to send a tweet from there. It does not show up on my twitter page. Tried with username & password and without. Anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot?

(yes I ... confirmed username & password, rebooted stoker, refreshed twitter page)

This might not be your problem, but I came across this when trying to find out why my twitter wasn't working. If you have a static ip then the stoker doesn't get the dns or gateway. This was fixed in 2.6.0.221.

Just tried the Twitter thing last night.
I was able to get it to work with version 2.6.0.221.

The only problem I had was that I did not read the notes from kaytat.com about the release and how to use the twitter option.
So, once I read the instructions and set the network DNS and Gateway address within the stoker it started working. I was able to send a custome "tweet" and was also able to set the interval to send a new tweet every 2 minutes.

Updated my Stoker to 2.6.0.249 and setup the Twitter features. Left it running for 10 hours, along with Stokerlog, and all was fine when I came back to it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Todd D.:
Updated my Stoker to 2.6.0.249 and setup the Twitter features. Left it running for 10 hours, along with Stokerlog, and all was fine when I came back to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds good Todd, I was having a problem with StokerLog crashing with 2.6.0.200 & 2.6.0.221 also.... I sure give that beta version a try....

Well, I just set my Stoker up inside just the see how it would do...... Same as before, after about & hour, StokerLog crashed as usual...

Dwight, have you tried the latest "release" version? 2.1.321
I know it does not have all the options but it may tell you where your problem is stokerlog, stoker, beta versions????

Thanks DC....
It's been running 2 times longer than any the other 3 firmwares I've tried....
Stoker came with 2.60.200, when to 2.6.0.221, next 2.6.0.249.... Will sure let ya know how it does in the morning....

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Casten:
Dwight, have you tried the latest "release" version? 2.1.321
I know it does not have all the options but it may tell you where your problem is stokerlog, stoker, beta versions???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well buddy, that fixed it rite up... It's run 13 hours & StokerLog has had no problems at all.....
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Thanks

Running 2.6.0.249 for 12 hours now and no errors.

But I still cant get twitter to work. The gateway and subnet mask setting should be the same for all divices (router and broadband modem and stoker) correct? then the IP address is unique.
?????

Back