TVWB News for March 2021

This is just one of four easy recipes for using up left over beef that are in this book. I posted it here last year after receiving this great cookbook.

This recipe is just one of four ideas Jamie gives us for using "Prime Rib Leftovers". If we don't have that, I guess we can use another beef leftover.

Beef Chili Tacos

Make a simple guacamole by mashing the flesh of 2 large ripe Hass avocados with 2 tsp. fresh lime juice, 1/4 tsp. kosher salt and 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper. Set aside. Thinly slice 4 to 6 oz. leftover beef, cutting away any large clumps of fat. Cut the beef slices into 1/4" chunks (about 1 1/2 cups).

In a medium saucepan heat 2 TB. olive oil over high heat. Add the beef and fry until brown and crispy, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium, add 1 can (15 oz.) chili with beans, and cook until the chili is thickened and warmed through.

Meanwhile, warm 6 to 8 small flour or corn tortillas. Fill the tortillas with the beef mixture and guacamole. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve warm.

Source: Weber's Ultimate Grilling - Jamie Purviance - pub. 2019

This book is not only filled with great recipes, it also has great information for beginners to grilling and reminders to ol' pros on what to do and not do. I wish I could post his INTRODUCTION to the book, but too much typing. lol Here are just a few paragraphs of it.

INTRODUCTION -by Jamie Purviance

I'll admit it. In my youth, I approached grilling the same way an unskilled, super-psyched teenager picks up a shiny electric guitar for the first time. Forget lessons! I'll just fire up the grill, throw some meat on it, and know intuitively how to manage whatever happens next.

In my case, what usually happened involved an eruption of flames, followed by plumes of dark smoke. As I sheepishly served black meteorites of unrecognizable meat, friends either winced or laughed. Back then no one wanted to eat my food. Not friends. Not pets. Not even me.

Eventually, my desire to eat better led me to The Culinary Institute of America for two years of rigorous training in cooking techniques. That raised my grilling game dramatically. Shortly after, I started working for Weber-a phenomenal opportunity to access grilling know-how from experts at the world's grandest grill company.

and he goes on to say........My mission with this book is to teach you so much about cooking over fire that each time you step up to your grill, whether you are making one of my recipes or one of your own, you will be capable of greatness.

Back