Turkey temps 22

DBono

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi All I was going to use my rotisserie to cook my 13 lb turkey @ 350 *either on Saturday or Sunday. Here is my problem my Fireboard drive /fan cable crapped out on me. IF I want to use my WSM 22 , I'm going to have to revert back to OLD school way. Just using the vents..Any tips or tricks maintaining 350* in my 22. I was going to use lump but I might be better off, using charcoal.
Thanks Dan

You can use either lump or charcoal....though i do think lump burns hotter. i put in two chimney of lit, all vents open and usually run at 350. if you are a little short of 350, turn the door upsidedown, open it an inch or two and support it with a brick or two. the slightly open door will create more oxygen intake and will add degrees.

You can use either lump or charcoal....though i do think lump burns hotter. i put in two chimney of lit, all vents open and usually run at 350. if you are a little short of 350, turn the door upsidedown, open it an inch or two and support it with a brick or two. the slightly open door will create more oxygen intake and will add degrees.
Hi I have no trouble getting my 22 to reach 350* Trouble is keeping it there. At when I open the lid the temps soar? I will be using lump.
Thanks Dan

Last edited:
Hi All You can see here how the temps got away. Happens all the time with the rotisserie, when I open the lid.
DanIMG_20201129_162804175[1].jpg

Last edited:

Back