Turkey Legs

Paul Balzotti

TVWBB Fan
So I am on call this weekend.....AGAIN
icon_frown.gif
but on a good note
icon_smile.gif
since I have to wait for my pager to go off I can do some smoking. So I want to do Turkey Legs. I have looked at the recipe in Smoke and Spice and the one in Dr. BBQ's book. Anybody have any suggestions for cooking them. One major question is which method to start the WSM to use. Not thinking I need to use the Minion cuz its a short cook. Any thoughts would be helpful.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Balzotti:
So I am on call this weekend.....AGAIN
icon_frown.gif
but on a good note
icon_smile.gif
since I have to wait for my pager to go off I can do some smoking. So I want to do Turkey Legs. I have looked at the recipe in Smoke and Spice and the one in Dr. BBQ's book. Anybody have any suggestions for cooking them. One major question is which method to start the WSM to use. Not thinking I need to use the Minion cuz its a short cook. Any thoughts would be helpful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like to brine my turkey legs and then put them on the smoker without any additional seasonings and cook at 250* until they hit 175*.

I inject with turkey or chicken broth and then smoke them plain. The smoke and turkey taste is all I want. I smoke them at a higher temp like 275 degrees.

Back