Turkeeeee Breasts (Finished pic's added)

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
Just put these 7lb Shady Brook Farm (enhanced) breasts on, which are very good, especially for $.99lb. Smoking over Kingsford BLUE with apple wood. It's cold and rainy out, had these not been thawed and I didn't have to work tomorrow, they would NOT have been done today!

IMG_1786.jpg
IMG_1784.jpg

Looks good, I was going to try a turkey breast today but am sticking with a brisket. Are those bone in turkey breasts? Did you do any brining?

Originally posted by TimO:
Looks good, I was going to try a turkey breast today but am sticking with a brisket. Are those bone in turkey breasts? Did you do any brining?

Yes, they're bone in breast and no brining......these are enhanced birds, I actually opened up the wrapper on the grill and began cooking.........THAT'S what I like about cooking enhanced turkey, is the brining is 'somewhat' done for you. Self brined is best, but these are pretty good too!

First one is done!

I cut it in half because the customer requested it that way as she's by herself and can't eat a whole lobe at once. So she'll receive 4 vacuum bags vs. 2.

IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1793.jpg
IMG_1794.jpg
IMG_1802.jpg
IMG_1803.jpg
IMG_1805.jpg

Originally posted by James H:
Just wondering Larry....What happened to your prior avatar.....did you quit the skins cause?

I quit the 'ownership/management', but I still love the team and their history and I STILL even as bad as they are from top to bottom, watch every game!!!

Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James H:
Just wondering Larry....What happened to your prior avatar.....did you quit the skins cause?

I quit the 'ownership/management', but I still love the team and their history and I STILL even as bad as they are from top to bottom, watch every game!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Larry, I love your avatar's .. Did you make them? I love your blog too .. Nice job !!!
icon_cool.gif

Bill
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bill Hays:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James H:

I quit the 'ownership/management', but I still love the team and their history and I STILL even as bad as they are from top to bottom, watch every game!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Larry, I love your avatar's .. Did you make them? I love your blog too .. Nice job !!!
icon_cool.gif

Bill
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, YOU made the avatar and created my blog too, THANK YOU!!! YOU definitely deserve all of the credit!!!!

Bill,
You didn't cook two turkey breasts recently by any chance?
icon_biggrin.gif
How about a blog for you, The Hays Loft.

Originally posted by Dave/G:
Bill,
You didn't cook two turkey breasts recently by any chance?
icon_biggrin.gif
How about a blog for you, The Hays Loft.
LOL! Not today but I have done 2 before ... No blog for me!

Larry's been a long time online friend of mine and it was a pleasure to help him out ... AND to mess (pick another 4 letter word here
icon_biggrin.gif
) with him a bit about it. Larry's good people!

Bill

Yes, I understand. Larry has helped me out many times and I appreciate it. Just pulling his leg here. He knows that I'm sure

Enhanced turkey breasts aren't my first pick, but when they're on sale, it's hard to pass up. I picked one up at Super Target for .99/lb a couple of weeks ago. It was a bone in and I made up a simple rub and cooked it over plum wood on high heat. It was thoroughly enjoyed
icon_smile.gif

Those look nice, Larry.

I actually did my first two turkey breasts this weekend, too. Mine were boneless/skinless but they were also enhanced. I added a no-salt rub and they came out fantastic. One was dinner plus a few lunches this week, the other went into the vacuum sealer and then into the freezer.

Overall, this might have been the easiest cook I've done in the WSM.

I'm actually going to do a couple more next weekend because my mom is coming to visit and she wants one with just pepper (to balance the salt in the enhanced breast). I'm looking forward to trying it with the simpler flavors.

thanks for the post! just picked up a 10 pounder yesterday and was looking for rub ideas. At $.79 per pound bone in, I'm hoping to have some great sliced turkey for sandwiches. Your pix have me getting real hungry for a nice big turkey sandwich.

Back