Tuna on the WSK

John K BBQ

TVWBB All-Star
Its super hot here in St. Louis (just like almost everywhere else in the country), so I thought I'd keep the outdoor cooking time to a minimum. I marinated these tuna steaks in soy, lime, ginger, garlic, jalepeno, and a bit of peanut butter instead of mustard for sweetness and to emulsify things.

After marinading....
IMG-4915.jpg
I had a friend cut about an inch off of my old Vortex, so here's the WSK set up..
IMG-4917.jpg

Fish on!
IMG-4918.jpg

Plated up, very rare over rice with red pepper, snow peas, and a little rice. It hit the spot on a hot summer night.
IMG-4920.jpg

I think tuna is the easiest fish to grill. We normally prepare it "Asian Style" but if that's not your thing it's easy to do in a Caribbean or Mediterranean style. These tuna steaks were $10 less per pound than prime beef ribeyes at my local grocer and I live in the midwest.... go figure. Maybe the tuna is swimming up the Mississippi lately? ;)

Marinading yourself in some Russel's Reserve 10 Year I see. Good choice.
I have no reservations about Russels Reserve! Get on the bus Russ! As you can see I'm running a bit low there. I'll probably go to my favorite wine and liquor store this afternoon to reload... Might get another bottle of Russel's or maybe some Uncle Nearest both are pretty fantastic.

Back