tryng my hand at meatloaf

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
I'm doing my first smoked meatloaf today, just about ready to throw it on the 22" OTG.

I took some inspiration from a couple different members + threw in some of my own..... 2 loaves, 2# each. Made the meat up in one batch & split it.

Ingredients: 4# ground chuck (80/20), 2 eggs, one minced yellow onion, 3 TBSP garlic (jarred), 1.5 tbsp sea salt, a bunch of ground black pepper, marjoram, thyme, sage, habanero sauce, red pepper flakes, a splash of worchestershire, 1/2 Cup blended doritos
icon_smile.gif
, stone ground mustard, and some horseradish sauce! (also mixed in a little SBR & ketchup)

I formed them in a bread pan & then tipped them upside down, I'll cook them on a sheet of foil on the grate... I'm going with cherry wood (I think I still have some). Just waiting for the chimney to get going a little more.

just a little over an hour & they're done! & delicious!

First time I temped them it was 165-170, I skipped the glaze & it's not missed.

I poked holes in the foil along the edges of the loaves when I noticed liquid accumulating in the "pans".

Everything turned out great. I'd post pics if I took 'em and if I had a photo site other than FB which doesn't seem to integrate very easily.

I refrigerate the meat in the pan for about an hour and then flip the meat directly onto the cooking grate without anything under it. The loaf holds its shape during the cook.

Clint;
I use Photo Bucket for my photos. It is user friendly (doesn't require a degree in computer engineering to understand) and works perfectly well.

Give it a try.

Dale53

smoked meatloaf was a success! I substituted some of the spices for things I had on hand, so if you're thinking of trying it, but are missing something, I'd recommend trying it anyways. Thanks for the recipe.

Back