Tried to smoke a peanutbutter & jelly sandwich.

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

If you've ever been thinking about trying this I suggest you don't! Kinda messy. Gonna do a bunch of egg salad sandwiches in the morning.

Did you smoke with the peanut butter side up, or the jelly side up? I hear it makes a difference. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Quite a post on which to earn your "Veteran Member" status on TVWBB.

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
[qb] Did you smoke with the peanut butter side up, or the jelly side up? I hear it makes a difference. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Quite a post on which to earn your "Veteran Member" status on TVWBB.

Regards,
Chris [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I thought it was only fitting /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I have a few questions about the egg salad sandwiches:

1. Do you inject or brine them?
2. Do you foil them? If so, at what temp?
3. At what temperature do you take them off?
4. How many sandwiches can you get in your WSM? Have you tried adding more racks, rolling the sandwiches, or using sandwich racks?
5. Do you use sand, water, neither, or something else in the water pan?
6. Do you use the Minion method, the modified Minion method, or the standard method for lighting your charcoal?
7. Do you use lump or briquettes?
8. What type of wood is good with egg salad sandwiches?
9. Have you tried using the BBQ Guru for your egg salad sandwiches?
10. What type of special knife do you use to cut your sandwiches?
11. What type of wine goes well with egg salad sandwiches? What type of beer?
12. Can I refrigerate and then re-heat my egg salad sandwiches? If so, what's the best way?
13. Have you tried putting your smoked sandwiches in Foodsaver bags and reheating in boiling water? How does that work?
14. I'm having a party for 35 people. How many sandwiches will I need?
15. Can I hold my sandwiches in a cooler for 2 hours after cooking?
16. Help. I started cooking sandwiches and the temperature has been 165? for the last three hours. Is something wrong?
17. What football team do you like to watch while you eat the sandwiches?

I think there's only one cooker capable of smoking egg salad sandwiches. The Big Green Egg, of course! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Chilton:
[qb] I have a few questions about the egg salad sandwiches:

1. Do you inject or brine them?
2. Do you foil them? If so, at what temp?
3. At what temperature do you take them off?
4. How many sandwiches can you get in your WSM? Have you tried adding more racks, rolling the sandwiches, or using sandwich racks?
5. Do you use sand, water, neither, or something else in the water pan?
6. Do you use the Minion method, the modified Minion method, or the standard method for lighting your charcoal?
7. Do you use lump or briquettes?
8. What type of wood is good with egg salad sandwiches?
9. Have you tried using the BBQ Guru for your egg salad sandwiches?
10. What type of special knife do you use to cut your sandwiches?
11. What type of wine goes well with egg salad sandwiches? What type of beer?
12. Can I refrigerate and then re-heat my egg salad sandwiches? If so, what's the best way?
13. Have you tried putting your smoked sandwiches in Foodsaver bags and reheating in boiling water? How does that work?
14. I'm having a party for 35 people. How many sandwiches will I need?
15. Can I hold my sandwiches in a cooler for 2 hours after cooking?
16. Help. I started cooking sandwiches and the temperature has been 165? for the last three hours. Is something wrong?
17. What football team do you like to watch while you eat the sandwiches? [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>1. I injected them with a nice sardine sauce I made
2. I tried to foil them but I only had enough to do half a sandwich
3.I tried to take them off at around 525* since I didn't want to burn them
4.Right now I can only smoke 2 sandwiches. My fiancee found some REALY big bread. My sandwiches are approx 24"x24"x6"
5.We used sand soaked in chicken noodle soup. I suggest this to everyone.
6.We were out of charcoal so we used a bunch of small candles.
7.See above reply
8.Like the charcoal, we were out of wood so I threw an old yardstick on the fire. Smoked like crazy.
9.I AM a BBQ Guru!!
10.I suggest using a metal knife. The paper ones aren't that great.
11.My fiancee whines all the damn time so that's what I'm used to having. As for beer, I suggest a nice warm can of Wiedemann.
12.The best way would be to refrigerate them in a refrigerator and re-heat them over a heat source. Let us know if you come up with an alternate method.
13.I can't find bags big enough to put the sandwiches in so I wraped them in a raincoat and soaked them in a hot tub. My fiancee got mad at me. I suppose I should have waited until she was done bathing.
14.About 3 of the type I made on the big-*** bread.
15.It's a free country. You can hold them anywhere you want. You can hold them in your pants if you can fit them in there. Why would you want to cool them down anyway?
16.You need more candles and maybe an extra yardstick. When in doubt, add gas.
17.Football is for old women. I prefer midget tossing and roller derby.

ROTFLMAO!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

That was great!! Especially #11...you best watch it Tom cause, take it from me, the whining gets worse after you marry 'em
------------------
Mark WAR EAGLE!!

HEY!!! Some of us wimmen-folk ARE THE BBQ cooks in the family. My husband Robert can stand a little well-placed whining every now and then if I can't find just the perfect brisket or if I'm almost out of pecan chunks and can he please cut me some more, 'cause he KNOWS the good stuff that gets stashed in that pretty blue ice chest when it's sitting out on the patio... and he KNOWS that he's gonna be the beneficiary! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Granted, now, properly smoking and presenting a perfect brisket may not be the QUICKEST way to a man's heart, but after 23 years of marriage, let me tell ya it's one of the surest. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And the people said... ???

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time

23 years?? Wow. That's like going to Baskin Robbins and getting vanilla every time for the rest of your life! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Congrats on a long and happy(?) relationship. Hope we make it that long. She'd better get used to smoked sammiches!

Hmmm... I've seen a picture of Robert, and wouldn't dare call him vanilla. Rocky Road, maybe? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back