Tri-Tip Smoke

Thanks Joe for those pics, i've printed them out and will be interrogating my butcher today to see how much he really knows LOL

Everytime i see a new or different cut that I'm not familiar with, I often ask the butcher about it and end up getting blank stares so this time i'm armed with my ammo...he will not escape me
icon_cool.gif

Dale, Looks fantastic!!! It's hard to find tri-tip here in Maryland. From what I can see, that's a great looking WSM set up you have there (with the tile inset and the granite top). Wouldn't mind seeing a broader shot of the whole set-up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike in Md:
Dale, Looks fantastic!!! It's hard to find tri-tip here in Maryland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike (and others in MD, NOVA, Southern PA, NJ, etc)....

Check out Treuth's here They are west of Baltimore...

We did a tri-tip group "buy" a few years ago...they sell tri's in their retail store, but it's hit or miss on availability...call ahead !

Better to go in together and order/buy a case...call 'em, and they'll set you up. Their tri's were reasonably priced, and delicious
icon_smile.gif
Besides, it's a good opportunity to meet some of your fellow WSM'ers !

I've gone through withdrawal since I moved, but Publix Markets (at least the one near me !) here in the South carries them pretty regularly now...although they trim the heck out of them
icon_frown.gif
They don't have the nice fat cap the Treuth's had...

HTH

Dean...

Back