TrendKill posted a goodSmokeFirešŸ”„ video.

Maybe someday a SmokeFire will come into my life, but for now I'm very happy with my Camp Chef and my Thermoworks Smoke to monitor it.
No hassles and great food.
Rich, if my Camp Chef had the Slide and Sear like yours I donā€™t think I would have bought my EX6.

Rich, if my Camp Chef had the Slide and Sear like yours I donā€™t think I would have bought my EX6.

Lew. I've only used the slid and sear once just to see how it worked and it does work very well. But with three gassers, a Smokey Joe and a performer I have tools better suited to HH grilling. Plus the CC eats pellets like a starving coyote when doing the searing.
I bought the CC to replace my WSM which I liked but with the altitude and the constant swirling winds it just was to much to fight to get somewhat constant temps. The CC is very stable even in really high winds.

Seems like Rich's CampChef is just fine and cost is considerably less than SF-plus has that easy clean feature. I haven't ventured into the land of pellets yet.

The heat deflector over the fire pot is movable by pulling out a rod on the left side. That exposes the flame to the drip pan which has many slots in it to let the heat through. If the SF had not gone on sale I would probably have gotten the Camp Chef. With their new controller it has become a very appealing alternative but I'll stick with my SmokeFire.

Smoke fire eats pellets also like a hungry coyote no wait a starving coyote on a sear temperature. Any sear you do will eat pellets, gas will give much better efficiency at higher temps, in my experience.

Well, at least it will be cheaper to sear on a gas grill, than a pellet grill. I have a gas sear burner it costs about a buck to sear 5 steaks on it the pellet grill costs about two bucks to do the same.

Back