Trailer rental blues

Every year ? Andy, it feels like every WEEK things take longer for me! Trailer looks good, the “transferable” winch is a good idea.
My neighbor has one on his big “Quigley” edition van, says it makes some headaches go away pretty well as well as the strain on the human body!

Every year ? Andy, it feels like every WEEK things take longer for me! Trailer looks good, the “transferable” winch is a good idea.
My neighbor has one on his big “Quigley” edition van, says it makes some headaches go away pretty well as well as the strain on the human body!
Yup. I good friend of mine (who has sadly passed) put a winch on his trailer. All he did was get a cheap Harbor Freight "Badland" winch - not even one of the bigger ones. I think it was only around 8000 pound capacity or so. We both thought it would fail in short order. Nope. He used it a lot and it never failed. One day he said to me, "John, as we get older we have to use our minds to get the job done instead of our backs."

One day he said to me, "John, as we get older we have to use our minds to get the job done instead of our backs."
I helped a buddy of mine move several years ago (after a divorce) and he had a couple of pieces that weren't too bad to roll up on to the trailer when everything was on level ground. Then I saw the duplex he was moving into and a STEEP grade downwards into it. Oh, HECK NO, I'm not about to get in front of 1,000 lbs. on wheels. Told him we were going to the hardware store. "for what?" About 100' of line, and a couple of 2 sheave pulleys, we're making a cheap multi-line hoist this morning. Worked like a charm.

Back