tournedos on the grill.

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Todays friday cook was all about get all dinner done at the kettle.

First of potatoes: store bought noisettes in a pan with a few drops of evoo.

Sauce:sear onlion and mushrooms in a pan then add cream,brandy,soysace and tarragon finish of with parsley table side.

Meat: Beef tenderloin(center cut)2 tournedos was made from this,drizzle little evoo and then just salt and pepper.(cant really go bad with this type of meat)

here are sum pics.

Enjoy

The sauce ingredients:

Salt/pepper evoo and then hit the grill

After the sear beef was on inderect

Done

A meal for two

Medium rare

After dinner in the garden,regards from Sweden

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bless//Me

«:::p:::» «:::E:::» «:::R:::» «:::F:::» «:::E:::» «:::C:::» «:::T:::» «:::10:::»

Dude is taking over this forum. LOL

Stop showin' off the woman too! We know she's hot! ;-)

You seriously got it goin' on brother man. You clearly understand what grilling is all about. It's such a joy to see. There are very few people around where I live that understand that grilling isn't just another way to cook. It's another way to LIVE.

Well Daniel, I had to google noisette potatoes.
They looked like some fancy Tater Tots to me
icon_smile.gif

I do know beef tenderloin, and Man do you know how to cook it!!
Fine job!

...sure, and Daniel runs this web site.
The masquerade is over Daniel Wolgast (or whatever your REAL name is), we ALL know you AND your wife are actual Top Chefs!
...probably your two children are REAL sous chefs too!
icon_biggrin.gif

Very well done and great photography work.

I'd also like to know about the mushroom sauce - that looks very good!

The sauce is real easy and tasty.

First: 1 choped onion
1 can mushrooms or even better fresh ones

Sear these in a pan with butter and add some salt and black pepper.

When they got a little colour add the brandy to flambé.(optional)
Was goin to do this but i think it was to windy couse it wouldent start flambé how hard i tryed.

After the flames has settled add cream and start reduse the sauce.

Add a splash of soysauce (dark) to get the colour and a little bit of salty flawor.

When the sauce is getting "thick" add some tarragon(important goes so well with the brandy)and add salt and pepper after ur own taste.

Table side sprinkle some choped parsley over the sauce.

There u have it.

If u wanna coock this in the kitchen then sear the meat with the onions and shrooms add brandy and flambé,then remove meat and finnish the sauce.

And yet another thx for the replyes.

Bless//Me

Nice job!
Whether it's to be done on my grill, or to be ordered at my favorite restaurant... I WILL be having steak au poivre sometime this weekend thanks to Mr. Wolgast's post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">steak au poivre </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on
icon_wink.gif

Bless

Wolgast, another awesome thread, keep them comin.

Question: What is that contraption in the background of the picture of you and your wife ?

Stu

thanks for sharing......I've been wanting to experiment with brandy and wine and this gives me some ideas to work with!!!

that dinner looked deelish!!!

icon_biggrin.gif

Back