Touch-N-Go Gas Ignition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Fry

TVWBB Super Fan
Probably going to make the move and get a Performer. Been reading the reviews on Amazon and a number state they have had problems with the Touch-N-Go Gas Ignition not holding up over time. Just wondering what your experience is with it. Also, is replacement a pretty easy task?

The burner tubes will rot over time, a really long time. They are made of SS, but the high heat and food acids will eventually get to them.
Easy to replace. Costs aobut $40. I recommend that if you buy one, to change the nuts and bolts that hold it on the bowl to SS and use bolts instead of the cheap screws. When I have restored older Performers, I had to cut them off. I also recommend that you brush off the burner tube of any food debris whenever you are doing a general clean upo of the grill.
The benefits of the Performer outweigh any minor issues that you may encounter.
AJ

No problem with mine and if I did I it would be fixed the next day.It wouldn't be a performer without the gas assist.
Love my performer !!!!!

when i bought mine used the owner said the gas ignition was a hit and miss thing as far as working during the look over for sale I saw the wire was loose at the back of the push button. rerouted the wires tied them up and slide the wire on to the pin,fits nice and snug now and works perfect everytime.Webers work great because the are really simple, and the have quality materials were needed so they will last a long time.

The only fault I have seen with mine is where the tube enters the kettle it's not sealed, I used some high temp silicone and the tube itself has holes in it that I fold over a sheet of aluminum foil to seal it up after its lit. You now will have full controll of the fire with the vents

My igniter went bad after about three years. Replaced the whole thing for about $35. Easy as pie.

Love my performer. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It much more flexible than a standard gasser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back