Total Reset

Jake.Br

My HM was running great for a couple weeks so much so that I told everyone I knew about how great it was. So I told a friend he could borrow it to prove how great it was. I took it to his house got it connected to his router and calibrated his iGrill probes. It worked great at his place (his cook went bad and I had to listen to him ***** about that).

Anyway. Connects and gets an address but its super slow and times out. I cant get into config because it times out. I’ve reflashed the SD card for the Rpi but I feel like theres still some config in there that’s not being reset. I’ve used the reset from the LCD. I want to completely wipe it out and start fresh.

So I just did that. I deleted all the partitions that were created. Created one large partition. Wrote the image to the SD card. Booted up about a min later it connected to my network. I accessed it using the port that I had originally set it on (225). So again something is telling me there is that config saved somethere other then the SD card. Am I crazy?

Unless you low level formatted it, which overwrites all the data, deleting the partitions just resets the partition table, but doesn't actually delete the data. This is why you're able to recover your photos after you mistakenly wipe your memory card as long as you haven't taken any more photos!

There are multiple partitions on the SD card and you cannot manipulate them all within windows. You can use tools to low level format the card as Steve suggested to get rid of them all and make sure the card is clean... or use another card, they're cheap enough.
Did you try the Reset function using the HM menu on the LCD?

Yeah I tried the reset on the LCD. I used diskpart to delete all the partitions, created a new one, and did a full format. I screwed up a bit by not wiping browser cache so that may account for some of the false reading I was seeing. The RPI still connected to the network on its own dont know or how. I took the RPI off the HM and powered it up with USB and it acted the same no steady connection. So I'm hoping it was the RPI that died. Went and picked up the new wireless I'll solder on headers and test it later in the week.

https://goo.gl/photos/HBuSweDBq3H7S4KZA

Edit: Fixed weblink

Last edited:

Back