Top Round/London Broil Question

R L Bagwell

TVWBB Pro
Last weekend, I marinated and London-Broiled a top round cut of meat. I took it off the OTG at 145º - we prefer medium - and while flavor was great, it was a bit tough, despite slicing against the grain.

I have enough leftovers for a couple of more meals, and am curious if placing the meat, along with the somewhat-thickened sauce derived from boiling the marinade, in a crock pot on low, and increasing the meat temp to 200º or so, might cause the connective tissue to break down further, resulting in a more tender end product similar to tenderized brisket.

Or, would I just end up reducing it to a product more suited for use as thongs on leather flip-flops?

Has anyone tried and had any success using this process to tenderize comparable cuts of meat?

Regards,

Rooster

Thanks for the reply, Don - but, throwing caution to the wind, this morning I placed my sliced London Broil in a crock pot along with the sauce, and after 3.5 hours on low, the meat was fall-apart tender. This may be a way to rescue those cuts of beef that didn't quite turn out as expected...

I may however, check into that device you suggested!

Regards,

Rooster

Back