Top Chef 26'er

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie D

TVWBB Pro
Saw the 26.5 make a cameo on Top Chef tonight. Pretty cool to see those things lined up.

Couldn't help but think some of you guys could give them a run for their money when it comes to grilling. Probably blow some of them away!

The challenge was grilled picnic food. I can't decide what I would make if it was up against other grilled picnic food. Ribs if I had time. Anyway... now I really want a 26.5

Yep, saw that tonight. Very cool! Funny how the lady who lost tonight said, "How do I turn this thing on?"

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
Funny how the lady who lost tonight said, "How do I turn this thing on?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>When the guest judge said about her 'burger' that even his 10yo could have done better, for a professional chef, that was pretty poor.

When I saw the one guy doing fish wrapped in bacon, I immediately thought of our discussions here about issues with getting the bacon and the wrapped item done at the same time. It turned out to be an issue for him too.
icon_wink.gif

If you didn't see it here it is from Hulu

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yep, saw that tonight. Very cool! Funny how the lady who lost tonight said, "How do I turn this thing on?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it on or down , what ever she said made me laugh.

Yeah, you're right. She did say "down". It struck me as funny, as if it were a gasser that could be turned on or turned down.

Regards,
Chris

I noted the lighter fluid someone used. My wife said she saw a chimney, but I missed it. The Weber segment was very short in the episode.

Just got done watchin the episode on hulu... thanx Jeff. I saw the Weber grills, chimney's, and charcoal... for these reasons, it's my favoriate episode.

but one thing i was curious about and couldn't figure out is what kind of charcoal they were using? i could only see it was briqs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDOwens:
I noted the lighter fluid someone used. My wife said she saw a chimney, but I missed it. The Weber segment was very short in the episode. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There was definitely a chimney. But the black chef who said he grilled all his life with his pops disappointed me when he was shown first, squirting fluid all over his coals. You would figure chefs, if anyone, would not use fluid as it imparts a very distinct and unwanted flavor in their food. What made it worse was when they showed a chimney a few moments later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back