Too much cooking

Pat-SoCal

TVWBB Member
I end up planning & cooking all meals in our home of 2. It's gone on long enough I'm in hyper-cook mode. Tonight, I fired up the kettle to experiment smoking chicken breasts. Right after the breasts came off the grill, I put some chicken thighs on which were bathing in 'Roadside Chicken Marinade'. I may be putting both in the freezer for a future meal, because there's leftovers from previous cooks in the refrigerator I need to finish. 😳
Maybe this is due to too much time on my hands. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms of 'Cooker-itis'? 🤪

Sometimes it is tough to cook for two, especially when it comes to smoking when you put in a decent amount of time and effort for one meal. My advice: instead of throwing the thighs in the freezer (likely you will forget about them and just want to smoke fresh ones) pull that thigh meat and use it for another meal later in the week. Smoked chicken nachos, smoked chicken quesadillas, smoked chicken in any pasta recipe, smoked chicken in any soup, smoked chicken on a salad, smoked chicken grilled cheese...you get the idea.

I do this all the time. It's like the show "Chopped". I take things left over and try to make something "new" so it's not a "leftover" but a "made ahead" ingredient

We are having left over ribs tonight. Any recommendations on how to make them "new"?

I do this all the time as well. Pulled pork is vac sealed in 1.5LB packs and used on taco Tuesdays.

Cooked up a two bone rib roast a few days ago and with just the two of us we have a boat load of LOs. Did a similar dinner with the LOs last night and now I'm going to slice up the remaining meat for Au Jus sammies for a quick dinner when Barb works late.
We very seldom waste any of the leftover food. LO chicken thighs get made into a chicken dinner salad. LO ham gets put into omelets and breakfast quiche.
Of course if we do decide to dump something we have two four footed garbage disposals that are always willing to help out, that is if it's safe for them.

Back