Too cold to go outside to BBQ?

I looked briefly at it a couple weeks ago when an add popped-up. I was impressed by the review ratings on HD and Amazon.

We really like food that comes off our Ninja Woodfire outdoor grill, including the smoke flavor, so I can imagine that this GE unit might perform well. But it would not be something to keep on the countertop and at ~45 lbs it would take some effort to maneuver. I would be leery of smoke odors in the house, though.

I don't recall seeing it before but the price was a grand originally.
I don’t understand the logic, Milwaukee does the same thing with pricing. It’s priced at, say, $400 for tool only but slashed to $250. Nowhere, ever, lists or sells the item at $400. It’s a gimmick, they’re never actually sold that high, I figure that’s the “we could mark it this high but were nice so here’s the sale price” when it’s the only price it truly is.

As for the unit, nah not interested. BBQ is, to me, as much about the journey as it is the destination; sure the end product is the goal, but what is BBQ without fighting the charcoal losing temp, finally getting it to even out and ride, or tending the pellet hopper, or the fire in an offset (which I’ve yet to try myself…). It’s the satisfaction of victory, and being too hard on myself while everyone else says it’s great.

Back