Tofu No Smoke

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sorry. All you sports fans out there sitting on the edge of your seat, waiting to hear about the big tofu smoke - the mighty bean didn't make the scene. My non-carnivore guest settled for a Garden burger. Oh well, now I don't have to hang my head in shame amoungst the pro-piggie crowd.
I did smoke a butt and three racks of BRITU ribs. 'Twas magic. I haven't seen this mentioned, but do any of you finish your ribs on the grill? Here's what I learned at a 'Q' shack I worked at for a bit (Famous Daves) - They'd smoke all the ribs overnite, then put them in a warm/moist holder, and then when they needed some for an order, would reheat them on the grill, mop some sauce (unless naked) and serve - a two minute drill. It's a nice way to get a bit of sauce to glaze after the ribs have rested for a bit. I know you can mop right off the smoker, but you can get a higher temp on the grill. Give it a try.

BeerBoy

Beerboy,
My wife and family insist that I heat my ribs up this way. I usually cook the night before an engagement, and then sauce and grill the ribs the next day. Most of my family and friends prefer them this way, and to tell you the truth, I do too. Of course I grill over very low heat, but it seems to help the sauce mold to the ribs better.

Derek

Dave,

That is also the approach at my favorite barbecue restaurant. I imagine the realities of food service and the need to hold meats for long periods dictate this kind of approach for many BBQ joints.

As we discussed in another thread recently, there's something about refrigerating and reheating BBQ that makes people say it tastes better. It may have to do with the flavors becoming better and more concentrated during cooling, or maybe the smoke has cleared from your head by the next day and your sense of taste and smell are better! Of course, the grilling carmelizes the sauce in a way that won't happen in a low & slow cooker, too.

So many ways to enjoy ribs...so little time!
smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back