Todays Cook

I've got 8 slabs of St. Louis spares in the 22" WSM, 4 on top and 4 on the bottom. Temp is holding at 247*. Rubbed with Dizzy Pig. Planning on foiling the top 4 slabs, but not the bottom ones. Just to much trouble. Cooking them for a Teen Boys retreat Supper this evening. Plan on using a Blues Hog Glaze. Also got a big pot of smoked pulled pork chili on the stove for a pot luck tomorrow. Wish I was smart enough to post photos.

Delicious! As for the foiling, not a big deal really I don't think, foil your top ones, take the rack off, foil the bottom ones, then stack them all up on the top rack.

Either way, should be some tasty chow.

Dave I would either foil all of the ribs or none at all.....reason being is you are going to end up with different texture/tenderness between the 8 racks.

I ended up foiling all 8 slabs,,,,, BUT, I wrapped two slaps together, for a total of four bundles.... The bottom slab in each pack was perfect, but not the top slab.... Didn't matter, the boys loved them all, but the lesson learned is each slab needs to be foiled seperately to take advantage of the liquid......
There was no chili left.... I had added all the trimmings from the ribs to the pulled pork chili. Let me know if this photo thing worked, please.

Dave-

Looks great, and you are close on the pictures. When you upload to photobucket and view your album, you'll see some options below each picture for sharing. In this case, if you copy the one for IMG code, then paste it into your post, it will look like this:

IMG_0006.jpg

Lookin' good!!

Rich

Dave-

Yep, got to the rest of the photos just fine. I just picked the one in my post above to demonstrate the embedded photo....

The grub looks great!
icon_smile.gif

R

Back