I think I remember 1 or 2 members here mentioning that they like to use a spice blend called Tajin. I just came across this recipe.
Mango Skewers with Chile-Lime Seasoning
1. Thread mango cubes onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 20 minutes first).
2. Grill the mango skewers over medium-high heat, turning, until well marked, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
3. Sprinkle with chile-lime seasoning. (like Tajin)
May be too late for today, but soon. lol Oh goody, just showed it to DH and he said we have everything to make it today, except we will have to use Basmati rice.
Grilled Tandoori-Style Chicken and Mangoes with Mango Jasmine Rice
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
4 garlic cloves
1 TB. ground cumin
1 TB. sweet paprika
1 TB. coarse kosher salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 chickens, quartered
2 large ripe mangoes, peeled; 1 cut into 1/2" thick slices, 1 cut into 1/2" cubes
2 cups jasmine rice
3 cups water
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
6 fresh cilantro sprigs
1. Puree first 7 ingredients in processor. With machine running, gradually add oil through feed tube and process until blended. Transfer 1/4 cup herb mixture to small bowl; reserve. Add yogurt and lemon juice to remaining mixture in processor and blend.
2. Place chicken in 13x9x2" glass baking dish. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Prepare grill for medium heat. Place chicken, skin side down, on grill. Cover and grill until chicken is cooked through, turning every 5 minutes, about 30 minutes total. Grill mango slices 2 minutes per side; set aside.
4. Meanwhile, combine rice, 3 cups water and reserved 1/4 cup herb mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fold in mango cubes and pine nuts.
5. Arrange chicken on large platter, garnish with grilled mango slices and cilantro sprigs. Serve mango jasmine rice alongside.