To Sous Vide or NOT Sous Vide?

I need to hear more about sous vide brats, and why this is what you are doing, to eat or to pickle???.....but more importantly infused alcohol that needs the heat. I almost infused many times but heat is something new for me.....even a PM would be great.
No, to eat. An hour in the bag with some kraut and beer at 150°. Cool a little and put on a hot grill to finish.

I've used this infusion recipe quite a few times
https://anerdcooks.com/2019/07/01/sous-vide-limoncello/

Hope this helps!

No, to eat. An hour in the bag with some kraut and beer at 150°. Cool a little and put on a hot grill to finish.

I've used this infusion recipe quite a few times
https://anerdcooks.com/2019/07/01/sous-vide-limoncello/

Hope this helps!
The brats sounds great although I feel you could achieve that 150 with offset smoke, then a fire stoke and let the fat out on the grill.
I just got so far away from sous vide, not sure if there is any value in it, I was considering throwing it up on the buy n sell pages. About $200 worth of stuff for it and its just like new still. People don't like to pay for anything, I bet I couldn't find a home for it for $50, and that is what the sous vide tub I bought for it was worth new.
Interesting on the alcohol cook too
I don't drink that a lot but, using it without all that simple syrup could be a thing too.....

Last edited:
The brats sounds great although I feel you could achieve that 150 with offset smoke, then a fire stoke and let the fat out on the grill.
I just got so far away from sous vide, not sure if there is any value in it, I was considering throwing it up on the buy n sell pages. About $200 worth of stuff for it and its just like new still. People don't like to pay for anything, I bet I couldn't find a home for it for $50, and that is what the sous vide tub I bought for it was worth new.
Interesting on the alcohol cook too
I don't drink that a lot but, using it without all that simple syrup could be a thing too.....
I always tried to keep the fat inside the brat, not on the grill.

Sous Vide's not for everyone, but you gave it a try.

Good luck and take care

Back