Tired of my dirty grill grates.

~Mark~

TVWBB Pro
I've always liked to keep my grill grates for my Performer as clean as I can, but getting all that baked on barbecue sauce off can be a bugger. I was in Home Depot over the winter, and found a plastic hot water tank pan for about 20 bucks, and a plug that fit.
ry%3D480

A quick shot of dish soap, some very hot water, an overnight soak, and a few minutes of scrubbing.
ry%3D480

I'm one happy camper!!!
This will be an easy once a month thing to keep them in like new condition.:george:

Been doing that for a while. Great way to clean. SWMBO makes me keep the setup in the shed. That's cool since I have room there.

Will be heading to HD today to get one of those. I also can't stand the dirty grates

Thanks for the heads up

I also do this now. Very easy and convenient. I initially thought this would only work outside but I quickly realized it can sit on the counter right next to the sink with the plug right over the sink edge. Makes it easy to fill and drain. My OTG grate (and my WSM grates ) are always clean now when I cook.

Last edited:
I also do this now. Very easy and convenient. I initially thought this would only work outside but I quickly realized it can sit on the counter right next to the sink with the plug right over the sink edge. Makes it easy to fill and drain. My OTG grate (and my WSM grates ) are always clean now when I cook.

I do that also, but I have to plan if for when SWMBO is not here. Gets a bit peeved when she finds that "thing" on "her" kitchen counters. Of course, I am the one who installed all of that beautiful tile for her.

I do that also, but I have to plan if for when SWMBO is not here. Gets a bit peeved when she finds that "thing" on "her" kitchen counters. Of course, I am the one who installed all of that beautiful tile for her.
Gee does THAT sound familiar! Too funny.

As my mom used to say when we were camping:
A little clean dirt never hurt anyone.
Take a good look next time they show a famous bbq joint's cook grates on tv, if you dare.:)

Back