Time to redesign the griddle

Jeff Holmes

TVWBB Super Fan
I really enjoy my two pc griddle for my 670 gasser but I really hate wasting the liquid gold bacon grease. I've been studying the Black Stone griddle grease drip tray. And, I think mine needs to be adjustable from front to rear just a little. My concrete angles my grill back towards the wall. That makes all the grease run to the back of the griddles. The grease still makes it's way in to the drip pan, however, but you can't catch the drippings- and we all know yiu can't make fresh green beans without bacon grease!

Nevertheless, these have turned out to be very useful for smash burgers and anything breakfast.

I set the plate there to get hot, then transfer food to it to stay warm. The burner under it is off but the heat under the griddles comes up the sides and heats the plate. It does get very hot and sometimes I have to use one of my welding gloves.

Last edited:
Looks good. Are the griddles home-made?

I've been toying with a few ideas for a large griddle for the gasser.
It would make more sense for me than a Blackstone. & a whole lot less expensive.

Last edited:
Jeff;
You might want to level your grill. I use a couple of wall tiles (glazed 4" tile) under the wheels of my grills to level them. Any building supply store will have them. They are inexpensive and weather proof (no staining of patio, either).

Just a thought...

Dale53

McGee,

That's a good idea, but I don't want the grease running towards the front until I design it differently.

Back