Thumbs up to Weber Support!

GWaye

TVWBB Member
Was out cooking steaks on my Performer last night when one of the grate supports fell into the fire. Didn't burn the steaks, but did put me on fire (figuratively, of course) for a bit. I purchased the grill in 2012 and finally got around to registering it in 2017.

Fast forward to this morning, had a 10 minute call with their service rep, Jillian, and a new bowl is being sent free of charge fully under warranty until 2027. No questions asked other than they needed a picture of the damage (I've attached for your viewing pleasure as well).

Just when I thought warranties were dead, Weber instilled at least a small ray of hope. Only disappointment is that my wife (the CFO) poo-pooed my attempt to get a WSK to replace the burnt out Performer. Damn.....

Attachments

• 20231029_170259.jpg
    20231029_170259.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 54
Was out cooking steaks on my Performer last night when one of the grate supports fell into the fire. Didn't burn the steaks, but did put me on fire (figuratively, of course) for a bit. I purchased the grill in 2012 and finally got around to registering it in 2017.

Fast forward to this morning, had a 10 minute call with their service rep, Jillian, and a new bowl is being sent free of charge fully under warranty until 2027. No questions asked other than they needed a picture of the damage (I've attached for your viewing pleasure as well).

Just when I thought warranties were dead, Weber instilled at least a small ray of hope. Only disappointment is that my wife (the CFO) poo-pooed my attempt to get a WSK to replace the burnt out Performer. Damn.....
Show her the pics of food coming off the WSKs here. She’ll adjust her attitude for a new altitude. I’m rooting and pulling for you.

I recently had a similar experience with Weber customer support.
The porcelain cracked where my Tuck Away lid bail attached to my performer deluxe.
Called Weber sent photos and they sent me a new bowl & lid. It was a Crimson since the blue I had is special edition made for Crate and Barrel.
I ended up repairing/painting the cosmetic blemishes and turned the kettle they sent me into a Crimson standard Performer.

Weber support is amazing. This is why I will never by a slow n sear kettle or any other kettle type grill.

Do you have any theories on how that support burned through like that?

Is it from charcoal banked against the side of the kettle ? Maybe we should always use charcoal baskets or charcoal rings and avoid banking Lump charcoal directly against the kettle wall.

That's great to hear of the support you received! I've also had amazing service from Weber, enough so I order parts direct from them to support the company. So far they have given me no reason not to, put me in the happy griller category as well!

Do you have any theories on how that support burned through like that?

Is it from charcoal banked against the side of the kettle ? Maybe we should always use charcoal baskets or charcoal rings and avoid banking Lump charcoal directly against the kettle wall.
I'm really not sure. I use the grill a couple times per month (usually on the gasser). Generally, I have the charcoal centered for high heat. The only thing that I do that may have accelerated the problem is using the pizza kettle and routinely getting that over 1000 degrees (verified with 3 different thermometers). Pizzas are done in about 2 minutes. And that fire is towards the back and sides. I'm not going to sweat it too much though as I got at least 10 years from the grill before it went belly up.....

Back