Three rib recipes on the WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

f.j. tedford

TVWBB Fan
Tried rib 3 recipes on three slabs on the WSM this pm. I used 7.26#s of baby backs with the BRITU recipe as Chris A. specifies, the BRITU with a pre application of prepared mustard as Paul Kirk suggests on recipes and finally the Texas Sugarless rub with a pre application of mustard also. Smoked the three slabs for 4-1/2 hrs at about 235 deg or so. All three were moist and just to the pull apart stage. I think the standard BRITU recipe was best. The Texas sugarless + mustard was a close second though clearly different. If someone prefers un-sauced slightly peppery Texas Q (as I often do) this was a good one. The mustard seemed to slightly intensify the flavor of the BRITU?s I tried it on. I don?t think it was less desirable than the standard BRITU, just different. All three were excellent and I don't know for sure which I'll cook next time. The mustard seems like a pretty neat trick though.

BTW I purchased these ribs at Costco without the salty injection I ran into last time. Much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back