Thoughts on the P Vent

I wish Weber would mark the ring on the OT more clearly instead of us having to use a sharpie.
On my 06 OTG I had two symbols. One with just the shape of the vent ( 0% ) and one with the shape of the vent with arrows pointing up ( 100%)
Now My new performer has the same markings but they throw in a garbage can shape with the lid off ( 100%) and then a arrow pointing right which is also 100%.

I was able to purchase this new 2020 Coppertop OTG on eBay last year for $100. I have yet to even use it as I will eventually replace my black kettle in my Gen II Performer with it. Here are some pics showing the symbols & the vents.

Attachments

• Symbols.JPG
    Symbols.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Second Small Hole Setting.JPG
    Second Small Hole Setting.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Vent Position on Second small Hole.JPG
    Vent Position on Second small Hole.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 27
I was able to purchase this new 2020 Coppertop OTG on eBay last year for $100. I have yet to even use it as I will eventually replace my black kettle in my Gen II Performer with it. Here are some pics showing the symbols & the vents.
That is totally different from my new to me Performer...
Why can't Weber make everything the same ?

That is totally different from my new to me Performer...
Why can't Weber make everything the same ?
True. My OTG is a 2020, didn't you confirm that your model is a 2017. Next time your in the Farm & Fleet store you should check the symbol configuration on their floor model.

Back