Thoughts on enhanced Butts

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
Local store here has Farmer John "Carefree Cookin" pork butt on sale for .88 cents per lb. Throw-out the fact that I'm paying .10 per lb for the solution portion of the package. What do others think of enhanced butts if you leave the salt out of your rub due to the solution?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryR:
Local store here has Farmer John "Carefree Cookin" pork butt on sale for .88 cents per lb. Throw-out the fact that I'm paying .10 per lb for the solution portion of the package. What do others think of enhanced butts if you leave the salt out of your rub due to the solution? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Larry, I don't like em. Tastes too much like ham IMO. Try one and see what you think, you might be ok with them. If you don't mind them, then stock up.
icon_smile.gif

I picked up a couple a few months ago just to see what kind of difference I could see. I could taste the difference and can definately relate to Brians ham comment. Having said that no one else that ate could seem to tell the difference or so they claimed. Now whether or not they were just being polite I don't know. I probably won't do it again though unless there is no other option.

Clark

I have done a couple. I only buy them when they are cheap! I don't cut back on the salt in the rub but I don't add much rub after pulling either. That could be a big difference. To be honest I didn't taste much difference between enhanced and regular but I didn't do a side by side taste test either.

Like I said I only buy when cheap. When there is like 30¢ a pound difference. The idea of spending money on salt water doesn't appeal to me but when the price is right I will buy one.

OK, I'm sorry, but the title of this post nearly made me spit my beverage up all over the screen:

THOUGHTS ON ENHANCED BUTTS

I'd say, "go natural and don't get any implants."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

OK. Sorry. I return you to your regularly scheduled program.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back