This weekends WSM cooks

Gene C.

Friday I was inspired by threads on cooking corned beef so I ran to the local supermarket and purchased a 3lb corned beef. Cooked it for about 6hrs with Lazzarie lump on the WSM. I know it is pastrami when smoked and man was it ever tasty.
IMGP1181.jpg

IMGP1182.jpg

I alos purchased some lambs breast. They looked like ribs to me so I Q'd them up Greek style. They were tasty as well.
IMGP1180.jpg

Looks great Gene. I'm sure it is as tasty as it looks... Especially that Lamb!

This has been a full weekend of smoking for me. Did 6 chickens friday night, currently have 15 pounds of butt on (since last night), Corned beef and baked beans about to go on the bottom grate...

Did some spares that I trimmed to St.Louis yesterday.....6 hours in the smoker, and gone in about 5 minutes, lol.

Gene, your corned beef looks great. To what internal temperature did you take your corned beef? I assume you ran your WSM around 225-250*F? Were you pleased with your choice of wood? Details, please.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
Rita

I took it to 175 and the WSM ran between 225 and 250. Although at the 30 minutes I had temp spikes that I couldn't shut down to 250 even with all vents closed

Thanks, Gene. I'm on my way to the cooking section to investigate further. This one's a must-do.

Rita

Back