This weekend I am trying my first FATTIE

I still have not tried one of these (wife says just reading the instructions causes a 2lb weight gain), but going off of ScottE's comment, could you start on the smoker and then finish on the grill at a higher temp just to crisp the bacon? I am not sure how solid these things are after smoking, but that might let you get the smoke and still have a crispy bacon outside.

or maybe start on the grill to crisp up the bacon and then it might be easier to move to the smoker................

Brad I was supprised by how little fat was in the thing, the meats were moist but I kinda thought the oils and fats would make it heavy, but it all cooked out.

Scott what I did with the bacon was after "it" was done on the smoker I unwraped the weave and tossed it in a pan to fry up the bacon.... It was o.k.

I am printing your reply and hanging it on the refrigerator...I will enter it into evidence next time I bring up cooking one of these!;)

Woe woe woe....... I didnt realize it was going to be a sworn testimony. But, its all good she will love it. My wifes meatloaf has more fat in it than this thing........ I have to go now my wife says I am in trouble.
confused-smiley-013.gif

Back