This plateau is gonna kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffr Hode

TVWBB Fan
This plateau is gonna kill me. I put an 8.5 lb picnic on last night at 9pm. Holding steady at 235 I turned in and woke to the temps at 252 with the pork at 160 at 2am. I closed the vents abit and went to bed. at 6am the temps were 210,pork was at 158. by 12 noon the temp of the meat was still bouncing between 158-160......and the finally moved on after I added more fuel and overshot to 270 briefly. That temp was holding pretty steady for near 10 hours ! Of course when the pit temp dropped it prolonged the waiting, but holy crow....I didn't think I could take it much longer.

jeff

Jeff, my longest plateau shows up at the 180 mark. Seems to take forever to get to 195 once it hits 180. Really haven't seen a 160 plateau of any longevity yet! Patience is a virtue, and I hate her!!

I had at least a 10 hour plateau on my butts at 160----ended up doing an oven finish to beat the clock (and thank goodness it worked out ok, they were super). I think it was that long, long plateau that made these outstanding. Yours should be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back