This Does Not Sound Good

Truthfully, I haven't ate much bacon of late. I do, however, eat my fair share of grilled Jimmy Dean sausage patties (at least one ounce per day at breakfast). My biggest concern is too much sodium. The software I linked to early in the thread helps me to keep tabs on salt.

Is fresh sausage considered a processed product?

I like fresh sausages much better than the fully-cooked variety.

Good question.

I would say no since fresh sausages (Johnsonville Brats, etc.) DO NEED to be cooked before consumption whereas the processed ones can be eaten right out of the package.

For what it's worth, I drink a lot of green tea (fresh brewed). I like coffee, but it upsets my stomach.

Can't remember the specifics, but fresh-brewed tea is supposed to counteract the supposedly-cancerous-effects of grilling meat, and green tea is supposed to be the best.

And as for portion sizes, there is free nutrition software (less than 4 MB in size) available to track your calorie intake with. We stared using it in July to aid in weight loss, and the three of us have lost 40 pounds (as a group) so far. That's a big plus for someone fighting diabetes, hypertension, etc.

http://www.dietorganizer.com/

With that said, we do eat meat, but we don't eat quite as much as we used to.

Make that 70 pounds.

Back