Third, fourth and fifth smokes.

Lee Ingraham

TVWBB Fan
Third, fourth and fifth smokes are actually going to be catering my niece's birthday. Niece requested herself. Cook #3 will be a butt (will put it in the oven once wrapped), 4 is two racks of baby back ribs and 5 will be chicken legs the day of.

Passed the bone test pretty easily. Fat cap sloughed off in almost one big piece. Just fell apart with little pulling necessary.

Baby back ribs... Stayed in the smoker the whole time ~<6hrs anywhere between 225F and 275F. Pulled from smoker at 203F. They seem to have turned out ok. Really good flavor, but I think they're a bit dry. Everything has rested for a bit and into the fridge it goes for tomorrow.
IMG_20200606_174708.jpg

Ribs weren't as dry as I had thought, certainly not as tender as I had hoped even though they were cooked to 205. Chicken turned out well, but I'll have to play with the rub some or start saucing them, Bad Byron's Butt Rub is just too salty on its own. The pulled pork was the big hit though. I'll have to foil and place in the oven from now on. No reason to fight the small ash pan in the 14.5 when it's foiled... BTUs are BTUs.

Back