ThermoWorks Thermapen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I want to share some info about a great product I've recently purchased. It's called the ThermoWorks Thermapen. I learned about it on the PBS series "America's Test Kitchen", which is affiliated with Cook's Illustrated magazine, a cooking version of Consumer Reports--no advertising accepted, independent product evaluations, etc.

ATK raved about this product, saying it was the best instant-read thermometer they had ever tested. It's not to be confused with a Polder probe thermometer or a remote thermometer like the Remote Check or NuTemp. This is the kind of instant-read thermometer that you stick in the meat, take a reading, then remove.

There are several things that I really like about the Thermapen:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>It's a commercial food service grade instrument, so I'm confident it's the last instant-read thermometer I'll buy.
<LI>It takes super-fast temp readings, registering internal temperature in only 4 seconds!
<LI>It has a huge, easy to read LCD display for the temp reading.
<LI>There are no buttons or switches. You fold out the stainless steel probe to turn the unit on (like opening a pocket knife) and fold it back to turn the unit off.
<LI>It has an automatic shut-off if you forget to turn off the unit, saving the battery.
<LI>The probe tip is super thin and sharp, requiring minimal insertion into whatever you're measuring, perfect for thin portions of meat.
<LI>The temp range is -50 to 572*F.

[/list]

Cost is $79.

The company is:

ThermoWorks
221 S. Country Manor Lane
Alpine, UT 84004
801-756-7705
800-393-6434

Regards,
Chris

P.S. For the record, I'm not affiliated with this product in any way.

[This message has been edited by Chris Allingham (edited 06-14-2001).]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back