Thermoset tables on Weber 3xxx

SeanWinter

TVWBB Member
Has anybody put the plastic thermoset tables on the weber 3xxx frames that came with the wooden tables? About to scoop up a genesis gold and would like to use the thermoset tables on a deep firebox grill.

I believe you should be able to do that with the top tables. However, the thermoset flip-up ones use a welded-on metal bracket attached to the frame leg that the hinge rides on vs. the mechanism with the slider and rod. Unless you can weld on that part to your old frame - or rig up something else - you won't be able to have flip up tables that stay up.

Here’s the Gold I just scored free off craigslist. Has all the parts and is in actually pretty good shape. I’m gonna try to move those brackets over to the deep box grill.

Attachments

• 70A6EA16-EBCC-4F4B-B1F6-D039CD01D041.jpeg
    70A6EA16-EBCC-4F4B-B1F6-D039CD01D041.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 8
I have a buddy who welds take a look... kind of debating it. I like the look of the wood, but also love the easy cleanup of the plastic ones. I’m out in Oregon so we do get a lot of rain (although I’ll have it covered when it in use)

I am with you, Sean. Wood is SO beautiful, but for a daily driver grill, the Thermoset tables are sure a lot easier to keep clean. I also like that they flip up vs. the newer grills with fixed stainless sides but no flip ups.

Right. Also, the wood grills are the deep box grills which are generally preferred over the Silver B shallow box grills. My dream is a SS Platinum frame with the thermoset/SS tables along with a deep box.

Bruce that would be awesome. I actually had an 05 platinum that I refurbed and I under appreciated the ss frame. Wish I still had it. On this I pretty much prefer the blue lid and deep firebox (which means keeping that frame), everything else can be modern. I’ll move the stainless handle/end caps, the front stainless panel, and hopefully the thermoset tables. I just love how easy they are to lock and how sturdy they are

Sean, I am "planning" to work on fabbing in a deep firebox into one of my SS Platinum frames this summer. Right now it is just a dream as I haven't even set a deep box into a frame yet. But, I hope to make it happen sometime this summer. I realize it is going to entail some significant modding to the frame to shoehorn one in, but have high hopes I can make it happen.

Back