Thermoset table cleaning, what worked for me

Chris_Vagnozzi

TVWBB Member
I wanted to share some advice on how I was able to clean my side table on my Weber Genesis to nearly 100% condition.

First I tried a commonly used method of soaking the entire table in a dawn solution with water. I did this overnight and it did not clear up my grease stains one bit.

Before I left for work this morning I took the advice of my wife and put a thin coat of lestoil on my entire table for a couple hours. I'm happy to report the board looks like brand spanking new after washing it all down with water and cleaning it all up. The surface of my table is not damaged at all although I am led to believe if you left this product on for an extended period of time it could eat away at the plastic. To be extra safe now I'm going to put a clear coat product on top of my table just to ensure I have the most protection possible. I hope this helps anyone attempting to restore their side table

Last edited:
Before:

pv9poaiib

After:

5cyjp3ket

h0vk79v5l

Bar Keepers Friend has always worked well for me. Washing soda also works well and is very inexpensive to boot.

Back