Thermopro TP829

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
I bought one of these today it was 50 bucks with a $5.00 coupon had some Amazon Pts so into it for $18 bucks. Better half knocked my Maverick off the Performer table on to the pavers during a July 4th cook o_O it still works but its long in the tooth. I don't do a lot of slow cooks really be using this to monitor the temps in my UDS and Performer when doing ribs or whatever while watching sports. I did not need 4 probes but the 2 probe model was 12 bucks less and for that I wanted to have the extra probes in case one of the probes croaks down the road.

I have a Mk4 love it and really wanted the Smoke but for my use just did not want to spend the money besides doing Turkeys or Spatchcock chickens gonna use the Mk4 for the final temp readings anyway. I am used to having the receiver since my Maverick had that and just did not want to deal with apps on the phone. So we will see on the Thermopro site they were sold out and of course I wanted to use my pts but it was only a 1.00 more on their site when you factored in the 5 bucks off from Amazon.

Got to love Amazon ordered it about 1:30 just came back from dinner at our favorite Mexican Place nice 22 ounce Margarita and Steak Burrito came home delivered at my front door. :)

Back