thermometers

Mike MN

Hi all,

I need a better thermometer. The old instant read Taylor from my kitchen days, while quaint, just doesn't do it for me anymore. Interested in one that will yell at me remotely. Was about to take down the Weber one for $30, but noticed a few reliability complaints when I looked closer.

What is the preferred temperature probe of the WSM nation?

Thanks.

You will find this to be a sporting discussion. Many will do the job, but in my humble opinion the better mouse trap in this area has yet to be built.

When it is built, I will buy two of them.

Food temp is my primary concern. Something to keep me from lifting the lid too much during the end game.

Thanks.

I have a BBQ Guru, 2 Nu-Temps, a Thermapen and a thermometer in the lid.

The first three all help keep me apprised of my meat temperature.

Russell

Dont worry about the WSM temps. I mean with a full water pan your going to be within BBQ temps 225-275. I would highly recommend a Thermoworks click here

You wont regret it. And throw a Tru-Temp 3 inch in the top lid.
Rick
The Smoke Hunters

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimT:
Nu-Temp !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree. If you want a remote unit, I have read many great reviews on the Nu-Temp. The only other real option is the Maverick ET-73 and that one is hit and miss (range issues).

Thanks all for your help. Appreciated. Looks like I'll be looking at a remote Nu-Temp system.

May pick up a Thermoworks thingy too though. Looks excellent. Thanks Rick.

Pork chunk and chuck roast smoke starting in 6 hours. G'nite...

Back