Thermometer transmitter compartment

Matt A 3

TVWBB Member
I am looking to add a compartment or mount to the side of my WSM to hold my thermometer transmitter.

There was a mod I found on this site (here) that used some exotic wood and rare earth magnets and looked beautiful, but the reality is that I am not that handy.

I like the idea of using magnets so the setup is removable. I suppose just using a block of wood would be sufficient and I could handle that, but some protection from the elements would be good.

Are there any very simple mods people know about, or, even better, aftermarket items I can purchase?

Once my guru eyes come in next week, I'm going to mount a small bracket through one of the screws to hold my transmitter on. It won't be near as pretty as the one in that thread, but should get the job done.

I'll post some pics when I get it on there.

I haven't seen any aftermarket holders out there.

Maybe you could do something with the tool holder? Or the new Weber Style version. Or maybe the work table.

Each of these fit the both 18.5 or 22" kettles, so can be adapted to the WSM.

Since your in Chicago, go to the factory store in Palatine, and save some $$. Or you could to the Backyard BBQ Store in Wilmette, and see what they recommend.

Those are some great ideas, thanks.

For the mods that use Weber accessories originally designed for grills, I assume they fit on the WSM despite the fact the lid sits on a rim inside the BBQ (as opposed to on top as with the regular grills).

You might have to bend em a bit, but they'll work. What kind of therm do you have? as the Maverick ET-73 hooks onto the rim right out of the box.

Tim

Originally posted by Matt A 3:
I am looking to add a compartment or mount to the side of my WSM to hold my thermometer transmitter.

There was a mod I found on this site (here) ........
Error
5750052093 is an invalid value for m.
Go Back | The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board

I don't know if anyone is watching this thread anymore, but what I've done is add some magnets to the back of my thermometer transmitter. Sticks to the side of the smoker great, and not permanent.

Back