Thermometer Question

Joseph Flannery

I just got a Maverick ET-73 and wanted to know if anybody had a problem with putting the lid on the lead wires. It says in the manual that comes with it that you shouldn't put the full weight of the lid on the wires because it will damage them.

I am going to be ordering the eyelets from BBQguru soon so this won't be a problem in the future, but I'm firing up the cooker for the 4th and won't get thme in time.

Many people, including me, run the wires under the lid-- you just need to be careful not to kink the wire. Just put the lid on gently, and there'll be no problem.

Perfect, I think I'll wait until I use it to see if I still want the eyelets. The wife won't be as mad if I slow down on my toy purchases anyways.

I sit the lid on mine as well and have for a couple of years. I do, however, go one step further and stand on the side of the WSM where the wire(s) are running and place the lid gently down on the wire(s), then let it slowly down until it fits properly all the way around.

I run the wire through the access door and up onto the top grill ( if you want the bottom grill it's right there). This doesn't put any weight on the wires and since the door doesn't seal air tight for me, it didn't seem to change the air-tightness of the WSM.

Anton

Back