Thermapen, where to buy?

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
I finally had it. too many of the cheapos failing on me. I have been searching the site and it appears the super fast thermapen is still the top pick on this board. I presume that is still the case unless something new has come out. Assuming the superfast thermapen is the best choice, where should i buy it and what will it cost? thx

Try this site.
icon_cool.gif

Windy City Smokers

http://www.thermoworks.com/

And it will cost you about $90. I don't know about other dealers, but I bought mine from Thermoworks and they stood behind their product. I got a bad one out of the box. They replaced it with no problems. Not what you want to have happen, but at least they gave me a new one without any complaining necessary on my part. When you spend that kind of money, that's what you deserve.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rita Y:
Has anyone had a problem with the new, thinner Thermapen tip? Will it bend easily?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've got 2 and haven't had a problem with the tips bending. I actually discussed that issue with someone from Thermoworks before I ordered. He did not feel that would be a problem. Sometimes food inspectors use them in harder objects such as hard ice cream and he said it could be an issue there.

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rita Y:
Has anyone had a problem with the new, thinner Thermapen tip? Will it bend easily?

BTW, their website has a neat Boiling Point Calculator - you just input your barometric pressure and altitude.

Rita </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got the thinner tip, and haven't had any concerns at all with it. It's a terrific therm!

Thanks, gentlemen. I just ordered another one.

The lady I spoke with didn't even realize that they had made a model like mine that didn't turn off automatically and was made by Owen Instruments. I actually liked the on/off switch rather than have to swing the probe closed to turn off the unit. I don't know how much the 6-minute delay will affect the battery usage, but mine ran a long time before I had to replace the battery. I did forget to turn it off one time.

Rita

Back