The worst question's ever..

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Chris, I was wondering, what are the worst question's you have ever recieved on the sight? I think by this time you would have some funny one's that might make the fella's chuckle. Thanks again for the site and all you work it's awesome.

I don't get too many funny e-mails, but here are two that standout in my mind.

One was from a guy who despite his best efforts could not get the cooker over 200*F. Quite a few e-mails went back and forth trying to troubleshoot the problem until I finally figured out that he was putting the water pan right on top of the charcoal chamber, effectively smothering the hot coals.

The other was from a gal who was writing a master's thesis on barbecue. She stumbled onto my Web site and questioned whether or not I was real. She thought maybe I was a fictional character dreamed up by Weber to promote the product--like I was some sort of Betty Crocker!

Regards,
Chris

I posted about sticking the polder temp probe down the top air vent and couldn't get a good WSM temp.

Problem was I stuck it into the chicken I was cooking.

At least no one was looking.

Chris, what are you saying about Betty? She's my favorite cook. Are you telling me she's not... she's not...well, you know.

First the Easter Bunny, then Santa, now Betty. I've lost the will to live. Nah, I'll go throw sumpin' on the wsm.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Howard Barlow:
[qb]First the Easter Bunny, then Santa, now Betty. I've lost the will to live.[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I was going to close my reply with a comment about Santa, but I thought bursting the bubble on Betty Crocker was enough for one night!

Regards,
Chris

Master's thesis on barbecue!?

After I finished school, I thought, never again! But if someone can do a master's thesis on barbecue, maybe there's hope for me after all!

Theresa

and after a long summer of eating BBQ, he kinda looks like Santa--or one of his helpers

Dale
(who has been mistaken for Santa many times) /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

One of the people who works for me did her Master's thesis on chocolate ice cream. I think I studied the wrong subjects in college!

Oh, I don't know. Masters theses about barbeque or chocolate ice cream may be fun to do, but that's not really the way to do it. What you want to do is make your research (and your thesis) become a tax-deductible endeavor!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-- Ken

I seem to remember someone commenting either here or one of the email lists about being "careful when adding lit lump to the charcoal pan while wearing Tevas." /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back