The Searwood has arrived!

Just recently joined the pellet grill club, with a Broil King. I admit not to have done that many cooks, love the convenience, but not converted yet to the amount of smokiness of a PG.

My son has a gravity fed Masterbuilt, which for those that don't know uses charcoal, and you can add wood chunks. We are having a charity cook in a few weeks, so I will compare.

That looks perfect!

The Searwood looks impressive. My son keeps bugging me to join the pellet grill club. I use a Primo ceramic grill for slow cooking, have a NG 3-burner Genesis for everyday cooking, a Traveler for tailgating, and a Weber griddle.

I'm tempted to get this new Searwood to replace my Primo and Genesis - any thoughts?

Also, my Ace has some killer deals on the Smokefire Stealth grills. Is the Searwood that much better?

Thanks
Replace your Primo Ceramic…I would never give up my only guaranteed to work grill.

Just recently joined the pellet grill club, with a Broil King. I admit not to have done that many cooks, love the convenience, but not converted yet to the amount of smokiness of a PG.

My son has a gravity fed Masterbuilt, which for those that don't know uses charcoal, and you can add wood chunks. We are having a charity cook in a few weeks, so I will compare.
I had a Masterbuilt Gravity and while I enjoyed the flavor, it only lasted about 4 years. Whatever you do, don't grill with it. The thin metal cook chamber is just not robust enough for high heat.

I tried the tallow thing as well (made my own). Honestly? Just more mess to deal with IMO. I am at the stage where I want REALLY good but also "easy". :D And, have found with either BigZ, or the MM a simple straight cook gets the job done and keeps my life as simple as possible. But, again, I don't fault anyone for trying different techniques. Just simply offering my perspective on what seems to work for my tastes and needs

I agree on all points. I followed the youtube recipe's with tallow and wrapping for a bit, then figured I would try without all that and I notice zero difference, but I have WAY less mess to deal with.

So I did watch that session on the steaks. I did not see anything that I could not turn out on either the Member's Mark or Big Z.

So I did watch that session on the steaks. I did not see anything that I could not turn out on either the Member's Mark or Big Z.
But do either of those say Weber on the front? Brand is all that truly matters, after all.

But in all seriousness, I am a brand ***** in a lot of ways, and I would not mind having a matching smoker to go with my Genesis. I would have bought a smokefire if they didn't spontaneously combust.

Not into "brands". Into the best thing for my $$$$. Just did a cowboy ribeye t/night and I got WAY better crust on it than he got off that SW from my Member's Mark.

Not into "brands". Into the best thing for my $$$$. Just did a cowboy ribeye t/night and I got WAY better crust on it than he got off that SW from my Member's Mark.

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the sear in the video either. I mean, the second attempt was much better, but still. . . Of course, since I don't have a pellet grill capable of coming anywhere close to something resembling a sear, much less a good one, I can't really talk. hahaha

Back