The Monday Motherlode!

Aaron Legge

TVWBB Fan
NIB WSMs are a rare find in these parts let alone a used one so imagine my surprise when I found one on kijiji for $100 this weekend.

Picked it up on my lunch break, $75 for:
- 18.5" WSM w/cover
- 1/2 bag of RO lump
- 1lb of cherry wood chips
- extra chimney starter

Just needs a little TLC, only been used a half dozen times, grates are a little rusty but nothing some elbow grease can't take care of.

The guy I bought from said "I bought it and realized I just don't like smoked food." Good thing I do!
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mac McClure:
Nice find Aaron, Whats going to be your first cook on it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure yet, I'm trying to think of something WSM signature. Maybe some ribs?

Aaron congrats on ur score, if u cannot wait for a long cook some gd old beer can chicken will be done in about 1.5-2 hrs max and very tasty just trying to help out, and again congrats on ur new toy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noe:
Aaron congrats on ur score, if u cannot wait for a long cook some gd old beer can chicken will be done in about 1.5-2 hrs max and very tasty just trying to help out, and again congrats on ur new toy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the suggestion Noe. Have a bit of work to do on her before I can dive right in.

Checked date codes tonight, is a 2007.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The guy I bought from said "I bought it and realized I just don't like smoked food." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No way!! Is the guy from this Earth?

Took a few pics tonight:
Hornet's nest that was in the lid:
img_0240_thumb.jpg

Charcoal Grate:
img_0227_thumb.jpg

Lower Cooking Grate:
img_0229_thumb.jpg

img_0230_thumb.jpg

Upper Cooking Grate:
img_0235_thumb.jpg

img_0236_thumb.jpg

I spent a good hour tonight cleaning the grates. Lots of CLR, Barkeep’s Friend and elbow grease!

Upper Grate:
img_0241_thumb.jpg

img_0242_thumb.jpg

Lower Grate:
img_0244_thumb.jpg

Back