The Meater (new wireless remote thermometer)

The July-August timeframe appears to be when they'll ship orders to fulfill the crowd fund backers. They're taking advance orders now, but I would not expect to get one shipped until at least September-October at this point. The concept is really cool, but I'm curious to see how well the batteries hold up, how long a single charge lasts, etc. And hopefully they're being made so that you can replace the battery if/when it stops holding a charge. Like I said, a really neat concept, but there are significant questions about durability/reliability IMO before I would spend the $$$ on the Block. And the 30-foot limit without the block makes the single unit basically pointless for me.

I'm actually a backer on this, so I will let you know what's what when they finally show up. The shipping time was May when I backed them. Oh well, the joy of new product development. If it sucks I'm building a heatermeater.

I'm actually a backer on this, so I will let you know what's what when they finally show up. The shipping time was May when I backed them. Oh well, the joy of new product development. If it sucks I'm building a heatermeater.

Yeah, please keep us posted on when you receive it and your thoughts!

Back