The Maverick Pro-Temp Commercial Thermometer PT-100 on amazon

Julien Gallant

TVWBB Member
has anyone heard of or tried the Maverick Pro-Temp Thermometer. It seems to borrow heavily from the thermapen but is made by maverick for about 20$ less. I was thinking of ordering it through amazon to help the VWB site.

Thoughts from anyone would help.

Just went to Amazon and read the comments about this thermometer. I wasn't impressed by those comments. Doesn't mean it aint good, but for $20 more why not go with Thermapen?

Thanks for the reply. I did read the Amazon reviews. I have a hard time trusting online reviews from unknown sources. I have seen too many corporate sabotage and phony answers. I can't tell you how many times I have seen 1 out of 5 starts and they ***** about a damages box, slow shipping and all kinds of incidentals that have nothing to do with the product in question.

I will probably settle on the thermapen but I like to cover my bases.

I read the reviews BUT take them with a BIG grain a salt ! Stanley thermos is one a the best products there is made and there waranty rivals Weber and there getting hammered by Amazon reviewers because there made in china . Heck almost everthing or parts of it are made in China these days .
I had a 35 yr old Stanley it started not holding the temp had lost its vaccum seal after 35 yrs they replaced it FREE .

But for $20.00 bucks diffrence I agree buy the Thermapen . Its proven product by the folks on this site and them I trust .
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back